Polysaccharide-based Fibers and Composites
This book embraces a collection of chapters that discuss the potential uses of polysaccharides such as fibers in food and non-food applications. The complexity of their biosynthesis, the wide variety of applications from food to clothing to energy along with the highly multidisciplinary character of polysaccharide research, are addressed in this book.
- The State of the Art ; Introduction to Spinning.- R. Aguda & A. Ayoub
- One Step Dissolution, Extrusion and Fiber Spinning of Chitin Using Ionic Liquid Solvents.- C. Zen, R.M. Richardson, Y. Song & S.S. Rahatekar
- Functional Nanofibers Containing Cyclodextrins. - Narayanan, R. Boy, B.S. Gupta & A.E. Tonelli
- Recent Advances in Cationic and Anionic Polysaccharides Fibers.- R. Krishnaswamy & A. Ayoub
- Formation of Cellulose and Protein Blend Biofibers. R. Boy, G. Narayanan & R. Kotek
The authors describe in detail how these latter grand challenges are of great importance in research, especially in the midst of enormous overpopulation and economic issues. Therefore, the volume contributes additional information to the chemical, nutritional, medical, and energy roles of these bio-based products, finding applications in diverse fields of their raw and composite forms.