Master Class Glycoinformatics. (ICS 2018, Lisbon)
A Masterclass in Glycoinformatics will take place in Lisbon, July 15th, 2018, just before the International Carbohydrate Symposium starts.
This is a free event : More information at :
and registration at :
The proposed “Master Class in Glycoinformatics” aims at presenting and popularizing existing tools to a large community through practical courses given by leading scientists in the field.
A tentative program is being established, see below.
- Welcome introduction : Sabine Flitch, Univ. Manchester, UK
- A traveler-guide to Carbohydrates in the Cyber-space : Serge Perez, CNRS-Univ-Grenoble-Alpes, FR
- Chemo-and Structural GlycoInformatics : Jaroslav Koca, CEITEC, Brno, CZ
- 3D Building & Displaying Complex Carbohydrates, Robert Woods, Unversity Georgia, Athens, USA
- Integrated use of databases in Structural Investigation of Complex Carbohydrates, Roberta Marchetti, Univ- Napoli, IT
- Guide to using glycomics databases : Kiyoko Aoki Kinoshita, Soka University, JP
- The MIRAGE project Carsten Kettner, Beilstein Institute, Frankfort, DE
- Portal of GlycoInformatics Frederique Lisacek, SIB-Univ. Geneve, CH.
- The course will include hands-on tutorials and documentation will be made available online.
- A database presentation session will close the Masterclass. Please submit your proposal to S. Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org)